The Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) Awards of Excellence recognize the efforts of Maricopa employees who integrate diversity, inclusiveness, equity and justice into our educational mission. Together we celebrate and share their successes in order to inspire and motivate each other to continue to build on these efforts. Since 1994, the Diversity Advisory Council has provided advocacy and promoted policy changes, training opportunities and practices that support an inclusive and equitable environment for students, faculty and staff.
The 2016 DAC Awards of Excellence will be presented Thursday, April 7, from 3:00 – 5:00 pm at GateWay Community College in the Copper Room.
We congratulate and recognize the following 2016 DAC Awards of Excellence:
- Dr. Lori Girshick – CGCC
- District-wide Maricopa Community Colleges Honors Program - DO
- “I Am Human Campaign” – EMCC
- Moving Stories Project – GCC
- BattleMarks.org– GWCC
- Tawnya Sherman – MCC
- Lili Kang and Paula Crossman “Lunar New Year” – PVCC
- Dr. Albert Celoza – PC
- Dr. Wanda Tucker– RIO
- Ramona Santiesteban – SCC
- Marilyn Torres and Liz Warren from SMCC’s Storytelling Institute – SMCC
For more information or to attend the awards ceremony please contact Terry Mitich at 480-731-8659